Women in HPC: Diversifying the HPC Community and Engaging Male Allies
TimeSunday, 17 November 20199am - 9:01am
DescriptionThe eleventh international Women in HPC workshop will be held at SC19, Denver, USA with the goal of increasing the recruitment, retention, and success of women in the international HPC workforce.
The WHPC workshop series has become the leading international event on improving equity, diversity and inclusion, providing all attendees, irrespective of their gender, with the skills to thrive in the workplace and the information to build frameworks for diverse recruitment and retention policies and actions. Discussions provide benefits to both the individual, by assisting in personal development and also the employer as the discussions help improve productivity and workforce retention.
WHPC@SC19 will focus on the following topics:
- Surviving difficult events and how to minimize the impact on your career
- Managing and resolving imposter syndrome
- Building an effective network
- How to get a new job or promotion
- Behaviors for inclusion: coping strategies for unconscious bias and micro-aggression
- Being a parent, guardian and caregiver: dealing with the guilt
- Pointers on making and engaging male allies at workplace
We will also provide opportunities aimed at promoting and providing women with the skills to thrive in HPC including short lightning talks by women working in HPC.